Friday, March 24, 2017

Experiencing the Writing Style

     Reading the book I Am Malala is a very enlightening experience to say the least. Not only does the reader get a glimpse into a world outside their own, but also very real accounts of the discrimination occurring in places such as Pakistan. Despite the fascinating and terrifying stories told in this book, the way it was written is what truly amazes me.
    Malala Yousafzai was able to so eloquently profess not only her life story but the story of her father as well. She showed great knowledge of the struggles her father went through for education, and fair treatment for women. Her amazing storytelling abilities were evident by the way she seamlessly intertwined her and her father's stories, and how she was able to so easily drive her point of equality home.
    Not only was the writing style fantastic, but the words Malala chose to use were brilliant. Being from a very western culture there were a lot of words and phrases I simply could not pronounce, and there were also quite a few words I had to look up. Needing to search for definitions of various words to further learn about Malala’s culture and immerse myself in the story was a definite highlight of my reading experience. Malala was not only able to tell an impressive story, but pull me into her life and see circumstances through new eyes. I cannot think of a better role model for women today, and I am truly happy I had the opportunity to read her book.

1 comment:

  1. truly amazing not just as a book as a person
    a big salute to malala

    ReplyDelete